Sunday, July 21, 2013

Why not choose with your heart?

"If the fabric doesn't work for you... don't think too much, change it with all your heart!"

As a fashion designer, I always work in different kinds of fabric in almost every seconds of my life. I have to understand the thickness of the fabric, the softness of the thread, the way of the weaving and the quality of stitches. But there are times in my career that I have to change the fabric in order to come up with a better quality without compromising the design...

And so with my life. There are instances in our journey that we have to make a decision... a decision to change one's idea, a decision that we're not sure

whether it will bring us to good or bad. A decision that can change everything. However, in every circumstances we always makes decision based on what our head is telling us. Right?

So, why not decide with my heart? Why not choose with your heart?
This is by far the biggest challenge we deal with on a daily basis.

So for the first 28 or so years of my life, almost every decision I made was with my head.  Or at least it was involved somewhat.  But there was always this idea lurking in the back of my head.  What if, just once, I made a big decision solely based on what I wanted emotionally.  Not necessarily spontaneous, but one in which I could not rationalize but kept wanting.  Day in and day out it was there.

And you know what? When i decided to make a decision with my heart alone, Not only did I survive, but I am happier than I ever imagined I could have been making this decision. Since that major life shift I have made a few more decisions based solely on emotion.  I’ve learned a lot.  Not necessarily from the successes but from the obstacles I ran into along the way.

So, why not choose with your heart? Think about what could go right.  What could you learn?  Who could you be if you will only just make life decision with all your heart... sometimes, it is better not to follow your mind.

Sincerely
Toni

No comments: